Monday, October 13, 2008

...And Altered Appearances Actuate and Allure

So it is currently 1 in the morning and I should be acquiring some much needed sleep but I think a blog post is in order. I'm actually in the middle of watching a documentary called 'Some Kind of Monster' which is based on the studio recording experience of Metallica's St. Anger album. Why am I watching it? I have no idea.

I have to wake up later or fairly soon and drive up to Beaumont Hills to check on a few things and then quickly head back to St Marys station and catch a train in time to uni for my Economics lecture. It's been a great 2 week absence from Economics but now its time to return to the lecture in which I'm most likely to fall asleep.

Some few months have passed since the handy acquisition of my Canon Ixus digital camera and within that period I have taken the time to thoroughly familiarize myself with the different settings and modes. In that time I've also taken a lot of pictures however there is no doubt in my mind that I am still a noob and am always experimenting. Regardless, I've recently registered at flickr which is an image hosting site. I've uploaded various photo's in which I've added some cool effects with the aid of photoshop. To be honest, my weekend was comprised of two things: marketing plan and photoshopping. One could say I've whored and abused my photoshop software. Either way, check out my flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/31331028@N06/

In other news it was Tim's birthday recently (8/10) and he was nice enough to perform a bunch of songs for us UTS students at the alumni green. At the same time he was also nice enough to almost get us killed while crossing the streets of Market City, getting in the way of speeding truck driver. Plenty of pictures are on Facebook, so check them out ! Still speaking of the same day, a good return to fitness was endured, doing 5 pushups everytime a fuckup occured in a game of hacky sack.

Just lastly, my web systems lecturer played this video on last Friday's lecture and I found it amazing. Basically it is a video of a math-a-magician acting like a human calculator. Check it out for yourself !



2 comments:

Ivan Anthony Cerrafon said...

That mathemagic video is insanely good!!!!

cookie fishing was crazy.

Adrian C. said...

Crazy. I thought he was gonna tell us how to do it. He didn't, right? Cos i watched through 3/4 of it.


read their blogs :)
adrian | ainna | audrey | jasmine| nicole| timothy