Monday, June 29, 2009

The One With The St Marys Kids

Last night I returned from one of the greatest weekends ever with the St Marys Kids. Together with 25 other former students of St Marys Senior High, we headed off to Perisher Blue for the weekend. Despite the fact that my bank account has a zero balance, the snow trip was definitely worth every dollar.


On Friday night, we all met up at Nichol's place in Rooty Hill to get picked up by the coach. It was a bit past midnight and freezing ! Suddenly, I noticed two random blokes with beer bottles walking towards our group. I got the feeling that they were going to walk towards us and cause some trouble because they were obviously wasted. As a joke, I walked slightly towards them as if something was really going to happen. Sure enough, they actually stopped and walked towards me. In my head I was laughing, thinking to myself, okay, let's see where this goes. To my benefit, they were quite friendly drunks, asking stupid questions like 'have you seen my sister? 'are you filipino?'. 'fucking cold aye'?. When the coach finally arrived, one of them actually hopped onto the bus thinking he was coming to the snow with us. Hilarious.

We got to our accommodation at 7am on Saturday morning. To my surprise, we went straight for the slopes instead of getting some sleep. We grabbed our gear, our snowboards and skis, and from then on it was 8 hours of awesomeness. Now I hadn't been snowboarding since Year 6, so just to build some confidence, I limited myself to snowboarding on the lowest slope. After that, I headed for the lifts which took me to the very top of the mountain, and from then on it was pure awesomeness.


That night, there really wasn't much to do back at the cabins. After exhausting my change on pool and daytona, we had shots of Southern Comfort over pretty much 100 games of Uno. I went back to my own cabin at a random time around 2am and slept in my nudie jeans. Funnily enough, when I woke up, my jeans were off and I was only in boxer shorts. Bizarre much?


Day 2 at the snow was another great day. Today, me and some of the other boys ditched our skis and snowboards and decided to have an ultra epic snowball fight. We walked towards the church where no one was to be found. We decided to make it ultra epic by carving out our own bases and fortresses. Seeing as I was only a one-man team, I worked as fast as I could to build the most secure snow base. After we had finished working on our snow bases, it was 3 hours of snowball madness.

We headed back home Sunday night at 6pm and played some more Uno on the bus. Eventually I started getting motion sickness so I put the aside the cards and took a nap. We arrived at McDonalds on the M7 and bought myself an epic dinner consisting of a 10 nuggets, a cheeseburger meal, a strawberry sundae, a jam donut and a large cappuccino. *burp* Overall, the snow trip was a big success and it is all thanks to Krista who did all the planning. Thanks again Krista !


Anyways, the snow trip has left me pretty much broke right now, so I really don't have any money to go out, which is okay because it gives me a chance to be a computer whore and watch all these new movies and TV series on my hard drive. I plan to watch as many movies as I can and write up a blog doing a small review on each one. I have work in an hour, so I'm going to take a quick nap ! Cya !

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL

at the drunks asking if you were filo

they were probably kind because they feared your scary aura

haha

yay lenny is blogging again =)

video blog soon?


read their blogs :)
adrian | ainna | audrey | jasmine| nicole| timothy