Sunday, July 5, 2009

The One With The Avoidable Embarrassment.

Short post tonight (this morning). On my way to work this yesterday morning, I received a phone call from my colleague asking me to pass by Coles to buy some much needed stock. Since I hadn't arrived at work yet, I was forced to use my own money. Since these purchases were for work, I would be able to claim my money back as long as I returned the receipt given to me from the purchase. After buying 20 bags of hamburger rolls at Coles whilst at the same time catching the attention of randoms because of my would be peculiar purchase, I quickly ran back to the car and continued driving to work in a hurry because I knew it would be busy.

To my relief, it was pretty quiet at work, so I calmly placed the stock I had purchased in their respectful shelfs. I then realized that I didn't have my receipt with me, meaning I wouldn't be able to claim my money back for buying items for work. At the time, I was thinking "I must have thrown the receipt in the bin !". Not wanting to be a victim of stupidity (which later on is unavoidable anyway), I quickly drove back to Coles. I then ran to the checkout girl whom had handled my purchase from before, kindly asking for a duplicate receipt. She said she wasn't sure if she could do such a thing, so she kindly asked her manager, but unfortunately for me, they could not give me a second receipt. Considering how broke I am at the moment, I made it my mission to look for the receipt. I needed that money back ! I was fairly certain I threw it in the bin after buying those buns (because I always throw receipts in the nearest bin after a purchase). Reluctantly I walked to the bin nearest and searched it's contents. I felt so desperate and low in front of these Kellyville bystanders. After failing to find the receipt, I continued on to the next 3 bins, searching them through its entirety. Again, I'm sure I must have caught the attention of people dining in at Gloria Jeans or Donut King. They must have been thinking "wtf is this guy doing".

I could see people observing me in my peripherals, and before I got any redder I put my head down and walked straight back to my car. It sucked knowing I wouldn't be able to get my money back, but I quickly got over it, because I know there's worser 'FML' situations out there. Anyways, when I returned to work, I grabbed a piece of chewing gum from my pocket (yes I chew gum even though you're not meant to), and at the same time I felt a thin piece of paper. Having the faintest hope of it being the receipt, I took this mysterious piece of folded paper out of my pocket. Turns out I had the receipt the whole time. Oh well, I got my money back. That's what matters.

4 comments:

Anjung Pitas said...

halo..welcome to malaysian

Unknown said...

LMAO LMAO roflrofl. hahahahh
<3

Anonymous said...

lenny at his prime LOL

just kidding.

man that sucks.....

Unknown said...

ahha oh dude. i swear when i was reading that story i was thinking why hasn't he searched his pockets yet. but at least you found it in the end and that's what matters *thumbs up*


read their blogs :)
adrian | ainna | audrey | jasmine| nicole| timothy