Sunday, March 2, 2008

...And Another Amazing Adventure

Well it's Sunday morning and I should be doing my long due accounting homework, but I thought I'd write up another post to start off the month of March.

Yesterday our youth group had their second outing. Previously we had a beach outing at Coggee - this time we took a trip down South to Jamberoo. Now the experiences you are going to read will sound devilishly noobish but I haven't been to Jamberoo since the early 90's, possibly 93' or 94' so I like to consider this my first time at Jamberoo.

Anyways since everyone absolutely loves my house, we all met up at my place and waited for the mini-bus to pick us up. A big thankyou to the bus driver we hired who refused to accept any form of payment for taking us all that way. We left around 8:30 and for the next 2 hours I enjoyed the atmospheric scenery.

We arrived at approximately 10:30, and from then on it was non-stop action packed mayhem. First thing first - mountain tobagganing. Being the amateur I am, the amateur lane was my preference. After that, we went on the go-karts. Despite the excruciating waiting times involved, I enjoyed the 4 lap race between Benno, Ron, Kirill and myself.

It was then over with the dry activities, and on with the wet activities. Kirill, Ron, JC and myself went on the Splash-out slides which was great fun. We then went to the Taipan and had 4 turns, though I would have liked to have had way more. I'd come back to Jamberoo anyday just for this ride. We tried many different positions on the Taipan and as wrong as that sounds, I'd like to try way more. Actually, I'd like to just slide down without the float. I bet so many people have already.

After the Taipan, we caught up with the rest of the boys on the 'Rapid River' where you use rubber rafts to navigate through the river. After 3 or 4 laps of racing each other, we had another turn at the toboggans. The experienced lane is so much better !

At around 4, it was time to head back home. We all met up at the entrance and took some last minute photos and then it was back to my place.




1 comments:

Vince/Toby/Tobz said...

"We tried many different positions on the Taipan and as wrong as that sounds, I'd like to try way more"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OMG IM ROFL SO HARD

Goreat day i agreeh

what about the race where i whooped u guys in the yellow race car hahah u had no chance lendogg


read their blogs :)
adrian | ainna | audrey | jasmine| nicole| timothy