Sunday, June 15, 2008

...And Abysmal Absurdity Associates Asphalt

It is currently Sunday afternoon, though the feeling of an 'arvo' is nowhere to be felt I'm afraid. Instead mother nature has given us this bleak atrocity of a skyline. It is this type of weather that puts me into a state of lethargy, though it dosn't seem to be too detrimental to my blogging ability.

Last Thursday was my final exam, which I must stress, was genuinely the easiest final exam I have ever endured. Fellow students who sat through the same exam would agree with me in a heartbeat. Basic 411. I had 2 hours to answer 40 multiple choice questions. I finished in 1/6th of the allocated time. Putting aside any conceitedness or arrogance you may have suspected from the aforementioned verdict, it was just too easy. Other students would agree in a heartbeat.

That however is not the subject of this blog. I wanted to speak of a much more serious issue. Burnouts.

People of Sydney, surely you are aware of the stupidity of such acts. I woke up this morning, feeling much better from the illness I had been carrying all week. As I went outside, I noticed this just outside my driveway.


The driveways you see in both pictures are of mine. Safe to say, the people who do these burnouts on the road are definitely the 'don't give a fuck' group of society. To think this is happening just outside my house is a frightening thought.

Now I do have a faint idea of the people doing this, in fact I remember a couple months ago, a blue Ford outside my house was in position to do a burnout, however the driver aborted as I pulled into my driveway. 5 minutes later, I heard a loud screeching noise, and sure enough, it was the same blue Ford. Some oughta' give him/her the little pinky gesture.

From time to time, I wake up in the middle of the night hearing the same damn noise, and my parents get pissed off as well. I mean, if they were speeding, sure enough they have an excuse to be doing so, such as "I'm running late" or "my wife is pregnant". However they're not speeding. They're doing fucking burnouts outside my house that serves no purpose. If their purpose is to kill themselves, then they're not far away from getting the job done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can report people who do burn outs.

On another note - your driveway and my driveway look incredibly alike. I'll take a photo later. :)

Congrats on finishing exams.

COOL! GRAND JAR LOSER said...

set elaborate traps for them - claymore, c4 etc

that'll teach those no-gooders

le vie sara' tranquillo.

Relgin said...

Thats messed up. I agree with jino. Set traps, like those spikes the cops have.

Anyways congrats on finishing exams.


read their blogs :)
adrian | ainna | audrey | jasmine| nicole| timothy