Thursday, February 5, 2009

The One Hottest Day.

The scorching temperatures lately have been bloody ridiculous. Crickey ! This afternoon after work I decided to take a nap, but that was made impossible thanks to my room which resembled a furnace. Even with the electric fan turned up to maximum, I just kept turning over and over, and don't even get me started with the sweat. Definitely time to change my pillow cases.

Unfortunately these temperatures are just something we'll all have to adapt too, with the bureau predicting much warmer temperatures soon. That's there is the scary thing. I mean already, there's been so many victims of heat stroke and other heat-related incidents, not to mention all the trees that have collapsed on our roads and houses, and damn ... can't forget about the 100+ fires. If temperatures really do rise, I guess the worst is yet to come.

If only we could all be as cool as the great Thich Quang Duc.

I'll end this post with something random. On the way home from work, I encountered an intersection where the traffic lights on all 4 sides had been blinking yellow. As we all know, a blinking yellow lights means you have to proceed through with caution. Kind of hard to do so when there's cars coming from all 4 sides.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Telllll me about it. Im stuck to the seat as i type. I. Need. Aircon. Also, LOL @ the blinking yellow lights. That's totally calling for an accident! It's like those days where you're bump into someones in front of you so you move aside for but they move aside at the same time for you and you keep doing it LOL. i suck at explaining but yeah, what if all the cars proceeding with caution all thought it was safe to go? BAM.

Anonymous said...

WOW. HAHA. MANY typos and grammatical errors but its hot. forgive me LOL.


read their blogs :)
adrian | ainna | audrey | jasmine| nicole| timothy