Saturday, January 10, 2009

The One That Makes No Sense?

So around 12am this morning on the way home from work, I'm driving along Hambledon Road which is a back-way road going through the acres of Quakers Hill and Rouse Hill. It's a fairly quiet street with usually no other cars. Anyways, I'm driving straight though feeling kind of sleepy, but at the same time looking at my surroundings. All of a sudden I find myself running through a mailbox and a sign post and into a jagged ditch, damaging much of the right side of the car.

Seriously guys, I'm like a magnet for car incidents. Apart from yelling the F word in my head the whole way home, I was anticipating the reactions of my parents who have always had to cover the costs for my on-road stupidity. I didn't want to wait the next morning to tell my parents because I wouldn't be able to sleep. Anyways, both my parents were pretty calm about the whole situation ...

And yes ... I mean CALM. If this situation were in a sit-com, their lines would be "another car accident? Oh what a surprise...". Seriously, their reactions made no sense to me. It's got to be the age. They definitely would have mutilated me if I were still 17 and on my red P's.

You know what's cool though, but makes no sense? I have a brand new iPod Classic courtesy of $350 worth of Harvey Norman vouchers my mom got from a work colleague. Seriously, if I were in her shoes, using a $350 gift voucher on my son's iPod is the last thing I would do, especially when they've just caused $2000 worth of damage to the car. I actually judge my parents very harshly for not kicking me out sooner.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no lenny!! are you okay :(

Anonymous said...

WOW...
Lenny......

how did it happen?

Anonymous said...

holy shit man... you got lucky... what speed were you doing? I'm lucky i haven't damaged my car... is the bumper mangled or something?

kenneth said...

I appreciate your generous offer, just say whenever you're free and my pillage will begin. By the way crashing the car would've sucked and I've got a classic too (h5)


read their blogs :)
adrian | ainna | audrey | jasmine| nicole| timothy