Monday, January 26, 2009

The One With The Day That Turned Out To Be Not So Bad.

I hope you all had a fantastic and enjoyable Australia Day. Mine could have been more celebratory, but it sufficed. My Australia Day consisted of a 10 hour shift starting from 8:30am to 6:30pm. My shift really should have only been 8 hours long, but someone from work just had to chuck a sickie. (Hope you're better Kassie). Staying back the extra 2 hours wasn't actually bad though because I got to work with Adrianna, who is like one of the coolest people at work, at least now I know she is. I mean, someone who comes in on Australia Day to cover someone's shift, and work in an area of the store that they're completely foreign too, you gotta give them respect points. Other than that, a great person to talk to.

After I finished work, probably one of the most discouraging things happened to me. Since I had to open the cafe this morning, I had to use the store key to unlock all the storage cabinets., fridges, freezers, etc. After unlocking everything, I left the key in my pocket, with the intent of eventually putting it back in the safe box where it should be. Sure enough, I leave work with the store keys still in my pocket, despite the fact that the person working that evening needs them to lock the store. I had to drive all the bloody way back to work and return the keys.

It wasn't a complete waste of petrol though I guess because I ended up having some games of bowling with Adrian and Jeaneline. I also realized that Castle Hill stocks Size 15 bowling balls, which is hardcore. I've gone bowling so much the past couple of weeks and I still can't win a game. Fail.

3 comments:

COOL! GRAND JAR LOSER said...

oi man
same shit happened to me at work. i took the bloody keys home (both sets - i was on solo for the remainder of the day) and i realised when i was emptying my pockets. tried to call up but no-one was there anymore so i had to drive there the next morning.

had i not, no-one would be able to opent he cabinets to the games/dvds/phones. shit would've been funny

Adrian C. said...

Way to lack updates. lol. I should step up my bowling ball sizes from 10.

Leonard said...

I've been trying to use the Size 16 balls .. but the holes are too damn big.


read their blogs :)
adrian | ainna | audrey | jasmine| nicole| timothy