Monday, January 19, 2009

The One With The Easy Course.

Just a random thought, or realization rather, and most of you are aware of this too. Isn't it amazing how many great songs you can discover on your hard drive that you never knew you had in the first place, all by configuring your media player to shuffle mode? I've come across like 10 or so great songs that either I never knew I had, or never gave a chance but later realized how great they were.

Here's some notable mentions, not that I expect you to go chase them up or anything.

  • The Getaway Plan - Transmission - someone give this vocalist a medal for being so perfect. THIS IS NOT THE OFFICIAL VIDEO EITHER.
  • Sick City - City Lights - the piano parts at the beginning got me thinking "hey this song is pretty cool, let's not skip this".
  • Breaking Point - Reality Show - this song came up while I was browsing 'Unusual Deaths' on wikipedia.
  • Brand Nubian - Maybe One Day - I really liked the music in this; I also noticed Common's voice the moment I heard him.
  • DJ Quik - Safe & Sound - I didn't even know I had a DJ Quik album on my hard drive. Then again, I have like 50GB of Hip-hop I haven't fully listened to, courtesy of Blake.
Okay, in more relation to the blog title, my boss made me apply for an RSA certificate because not many of us at work have them, which is a problem since a lot of people purchase from our bar. Being the great employee I am, I went through a 5-hour course at the 'Alex Beaumont Hospitality Training College'. I must say, Alex Beaumont is a fucking funny man. His humour made it comfortably easy to retain information, however remembering information was not an imperetive since we were all allowed to talk to each other and swap answers during the final exam. If there was one memorable thing from the course, it was his impersonation of drinking a 'blowjob'. Funny shit.

Now that I've got my RSA, I should go for my RCG.

1 comments:

Vince/Toby/Tobz said...

hey i have the song where the city meets the sea by the getaway plan i love his vocals!


read their blogs :)
adrian | ainna | audrey | jasmine| nicole| timothy