Monday, July 7, 2008

...And Absent-Mindedness Appears

Throughout the weekend I watched the entire first season of 30 Rock. While it's not entirely the most entertaining show, at least not as much as Two and a Half Men or Friends, it still has its moments. I'm currently a few episodes into the second season, and thankfully they are shooting a 3rd season which is scheduled to premiere later in October. I could easily give you many reasons to watch 30 Rock, but realistically I only need two. Number one, Alec Baldwin. Number two, Katrina Bowden. Have a taste of 30 Rock.



Today I unecessarily woke up at 6am to prepare for what I imagined would be a long day in the city. I headed off to uni courtesy of Brent for transport which I am greatful for, especially now that petrol prices are totally bollox, so bollox that I haven't bothered to refill in over 3 weeks. After dropping Nikki off to her marketing exam, Brent and I walked down to Capital Square post office so that I could post off an overdue eBay item.

I then paid a visit to Building 10 to apply for a student ID replacement which I happily received within a matter of seconds upon applying. No more paying extra for public transport now. While I was at Building 10, I retrieved my recently marked Communications assignment, just barely scraping into the High Distinction zone with a mark of 85%.

After getting my assignment, we still had an hour to kill until Nikki finished her exam, so Brent and I played ping-pong at UTS. We played a total of 6 games, the two of us winning 3 each. Eventually Nikki met up with us and then we bought some goods from the bakery and then we finally went off home.

Unfortunately for me, it is at this point where I lost my newly marked assignment I talked about earlier in this blog. I lost it in similar fashion to my mobile phone, where I put it on top of a surface, later leaving it there without realizing. In this case, on our way back to Brents car, I put my assignment on top of his car so that I could have a drink of Apple Juice, and then we left the carpark, forgotting that I had placed my assignment on his car. Right now my assignment is lieing somewhere in Market City carpark.

On the way home we passed by Plumpton shops for a much needed toilet break, and then passed by Det's for a little bit, until Brent finally dropped me home. I used the afternoon to spray paint a pair of yellow shoes that I had lying around to a wearable white-cream color. It's resting as I speak.

Before I end this post, I'd just like point out a music video I stumbled upon on youtube. It is one of the weirdest songs + videos I have ever laid eyes on. It is right up there with Aphex Twin's 'Windowlicker'.



It's a song called 'Tastes Like Kevin Bacon' by a band called 'IWRESTLEDABEARONCE'. They are an experimental grindcore band featuring a female vocalist who has great singing range from piercing screams to hardcore to the singing reminiscent of the girl from Evanescence. I was wtf at 0:17 and and 2:22.

0 comments:


read their blogs :)
adrian | ainna | audrey | jasmine| nicole| timothy