Tuesday, July 22, 2008

...And An Assuasive Arrangement

Ok. Let's see.

  • Uni starts in a week.
  • I have no car until Thursday.
  • Wanting to watch The Dark Knight because Bale is God.
  • In urgent need of a Programming textbook. Any givers?
  • I can no longer write insightful blog posts.
It's 12:30 in the morning and I'm in no mood to write up a long post, so rather I will share with you a list of songs that I found very calming. I could name trillions of songs, but I'll mention the 10 that come to mind.

Final Fantasy X Piano Collection - Besaid Island - A great piece that I underestimated when I first heard it years ago. I only started listening to it again this year, and I realize what great melodies the piece contains.



Final Fantasy X Piano Collection - Via Purifico - I fell in love with this piece on initial listen, enough to attempt to learn a few bars on piano.



Zero 7 - Destiny - I first heard this song one night on Channel V's Night Shift segment back in Year 9. Come to think of it, that was the last time Channel V was ever great. A very calming song with amazing female leads. The video clip is a piece of art too.



Kenny G - By The Time This Night Is Over - Don't hate on this man people. An undeniably talented musician. His 1992 album 'Breathless' is probably the best thing in my house at the moment. Not only that, but he looks hell of a lot like former Megadeth guitarist Marty Friedman.




Massive Attack - Teardrop - No need for an explanation. You should already know this song.



Mista - Blackberry Molasses - While this same came out while I was still in Kindergarten, I only came across this song a couple years ago, and its slowly risen to become one of my favorites. It features a young Bobby Valentino on lead with very laid back beats. Check it.



Floetry - Getting Late - I don't know how I came across this song, but dammit I'm glad I did. This is real music.



A Tribe Called Quest - Bonita Applebum - Ok most ATCQ songs are calming and have the best laid back beats, but this one takes the cake. Electric Relaxation is probably their most recognized song, but it has nothing on this. Long live the tribe.




Donkey Kong Country - Aquatic Ambience - Before I explain this song, I just want to say that Donkey Kong Country for the Super Nintendo is without a doubt the best game I've ever played. I used to play this game 24/7 with my older sister before I was even in school. As for the song itself, this is the the theme used for water levels. It is just atmospheric and beautiful.



And last but not least...

Agalloch - Falling Snow - To be honest, all Agalloch songs are calming, despite the compelling dark atmosphere that they carry. This song however is the cream of the crop. In the video, 7:27 and onwards is probably the most beautiful tune I have heard in my life. This song is just epic greatness.

1 comments:

kenneth said...

Donkey Kong on SNES could of easily summarised my early childhood years, major props for the post.


read their blogs :)
adrian | ainna | audrey | jasmine| nicole| timothy