Friday, August 21, 2009

The One Just For The Sake Of Blogging.

To kick things into gear, I would like to acknowledge the birthdays of Brent De Vega (21) and Miguel Alvarez (26?). Hope you boys are celebrating in style, unlike me who has been quite apathetic and lethargic when it comes to celebrating the birthday.

Progress on the new house?
On my way to work yesterday, I passed by my new house-to-be and I cannot wait to move. The garage door is finally installed. From the outside, everything looks complete, so I guess they're just putting in the finishing touches in the interior. From the numerous amount of times I've drove through my new street, I've observed many young families and their children going on about their daily activities. I always see young kids riding their bicycles equipped with training wheels and mother's taking their baby's for a stroll in the pram. I guess I've built this perception that this neighborhood carries the same kind of atmosphere as a peaceful retirement village. Where I'm living now, I'm always hearing cars doing burnouts and all that dangerous crap at 3am in the morning, so obviously I am eagerly awaiting the moving date ! What's even cooler is that once the council hands over the keys to our new house, my parents want me to stay at our new place by myself for one night. House party?

Bowling?
Earlier this morning I attended my weekly bowling session with Jinno, Ryan and Mon at Mt. Druitt AMF. I think we are getting to the stage where we should consider joining a bowling league or competition of some sort. Even though I may not be 'league' material, I would enjoy the idea of bowling weekly with friend's and the funny seniors who I witness every Friday. I've also noticed a few younger kids who have just joined the league, showcasing that league is open for people of all ages. But before this contemplation turns into a reality, I really need to acquire some sort of consistency with my bowling. At the end of the day, me joining a league won't cost a cent, since I'm staff. :)

Uni?
4 weeks into it. Thoughts? I can honestly say that I only enjoy 1/4 of my subjects, which is an all time low. That one lucky subject would be Finance. All my other subjects are just there because they have to be done. Sad but true. Oh yeah, and I have to repeat Business Statistics. It's going to be a sad summer this year.

Boy bands?
Okay seriously, I enjoy boy bands. There's no need for me to hide my fascination with boy bands, particularly those of the 90's. I am sucker for the old hits of the Backstreet Boys, Five and N'Sync. The other week I was going through my sister's CD collection, and I came across this gem which took me way back.


I still remember the day my sister picked up this album from Mt. Druitt, where 98 Degrees themselves were performing. Yes, the actual band was at Mt. Druitt. I couldn't believe it either back then. I remember she and her friend's were going nuts, one of them screaming "will you marry me?", and Nick Lachey replying "Aww that's sweet". HAHAHA. Favorite songs would be Because Of You, Still, Invisible Man, Heat It ... screw it, the whole album is great. I love this record !

Gym?
Went to Ripples Gym last Wednesday where I took Adrian under my wing. I had a pretty good workout. I saw Travis there, an employee of the gym who also went to my old school in the grade below. It's always pleasing when someone whom you haven't seen in more than 3 years, who you barely know, remembers your name. Even more kudos to him, as he got amazingly bigger since I last saw him all those years ago.

I need to head to work soon, but before that I'm going to take a nap.

0 comments:


read their blogs :)
adrian | ainna | audrey | jasmine| nicole| timothy