Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The One With The Miserable Evening.

To get things underway, I shall make a special mention to my favorite co-worker, Adriana, because she's like the greatest person ever, and also due to the fact that she asked to be in my blog. Okay but seriously, she's da bomb. Don't forget that we owe ourselves a game of bowling. ILY :)

On to more relevant issues pertaining the title of this blog, I had one heck of a journey home.

First moment of misery. The train ride home.
After my finance lecture, I went to the Glasshouse and played Time Crisis 2. I actually finished the whole game without dieing and plenty of lives left. Usually I lose all my lives at the helicopter boss. Okay fine, that has no connection to the story I'm trying to tell. I just felt like bragging about my gaming accomplishments. Anyways ... I walked to the station with Ivan and Adrian and we caught the express which went to Redfern, Parramatta and Penrith. Obviously with Adrian and myself needing to get off at Doonside and St Marys respectively, we were forced to get off at Parramatta station and wait for a train that would take us to our rightful destinations.

When our train arrived, we got on and started conversing about potential holiday destinations with the uni bunch. After like 15 minutes or so, I looked out the window noticed something not right ...

Me: Hey Adrian, isn't that Rooty Hill RSL we just went past?
Adrian: Let me see. *observes* What the heck ...
Me: Wait, if we just went past Rooty Hill RSL, then we must not have stopped at Doonside.
Adrian: Shit, we're on the Penrith express aren't we.

Turns out we were on the Penrith express which goes from Parramatta straight to Penrith, which is pretty much the same train we were on previously. How we did not notice that is beyond me. As soon as we arrived at Penrith, we caught the train back to St Marys and Doonside.

Second moment of misery. The toilet.
After arriving at St Marys station, I drove home to get Veronica's economics textbook so that I could drive over and return it. Since I was at home, I thought I might as well pee. So I went to the toilet, closed the door, did my business and flushed. When I tried turning the door knob, I noticed that handle was turning, but the door still wasn't opening. I thought, "wtf". I tried twisting and turning the handle in different angles, until finally, the fucking handle came off. So here I am, stuck inside my own toilet with a broken door handle. I had to call my aunty to come from the outside and open the door. You can imagine the look on her face when I called her and said "can you please come to the toilet and get me out?".

Third moment of misery. The petrol station.
Okay, so I told you I went home to get Veronica's textbook so that I could return it. After getting myself free from the toilet, I drove off to Veronica's house. But before that, I decided to stop by the petrol station to refill. Since I'm so poor and never have cash on me, I'm always using my key card to pay for petrol. After putting in around $50 dollars worth of petrol, I walked to the counter and attempted to pay with my key card as usual. The transaction was taking longer than expected, and then the clerk tells me that my EFTPOS limit has been exceeded. Nothing is worse than pumping a full tank of gas and not being able to pay for it.

When you're in this situation, you're required to fill out a form where you record you personal details and your driver's liscence details, which is what I did. You then have 24 hours to pay. While I was filling out this application, around 10 customers had accumulated behind me, waiting to pay for their petrol, probably in cash. I'm thinking 'oh fuck, look at this long line I've caused'. By the time the clerk was done processing my application, the line had reached the fucking door. I didn't even have the courage to look behind me knowing that I've created this long line of impatience.

2 comments:

tim said...

petrol one is the worst

LOL

but luckily they already have a pretty good system in place lol

Relgin said...

petrol is a scam!


read their blogs :)
adrian | ainna | audrey | jasmine| nicole| timothy