Sunday, August 9, 2009

The One With Progress.

Three days ago I received another letter from UTS, and as usual my father opened it and read everything before I could lay any hands on it. Come to think of it, any mail I receive pertaining to university or finance, they open it before me. Don't get me started with my St. George banking statements. Once they catch a glimpse of my statements, I am immediately a victim of how I could 'better' be spending my money.

Anyways, the letter. My latest love letter to be received from UTS outlines the punishment I could be facing as a result of this plagiarism incident I have been involved with. Those who studied 26134 Business Statistics with me will understand the following. The Faculty Conduct Commitee recommended to the Dean that I:

  • Receive a 0 or fail grading for Parts B and C of the assignment (which then means I fail the subject)
  • Receive a formal caution.
They have given me an opportunity to appeal the case by sending a written representation to the Business Dean, which I have grabbed with both hands. I sent the Dean my appeal last night and received a reply from him today. He actually thanked me for my appeal and that he would read it accordingly, which is always nice and reassuring.

All I do now is wait ...

4 comments:

Relgin said...

What happened? What made you plagiarise?

You must feel real anxious about it.

Leonard said...

I didn't plagiarize Relgin. I have been linked with plagiarism because the assignment of another group have identical parts to my group's.

Anonymous said...

Good luck Lenny! I hope the Business Dean is in a good mood and has a good heart.

Relgin said...

Oh i understand now, sorry if I made wrongful assumption.

Hope its judged fairly.


read their blogs :)
adrian | ainna | audrey | jasmine| nicole| timothy