Thursday, August 27, 2009

The One Greatest Day.

D.O.B - 27/08/89.

Today was the day I commemorated my day of birth, this year being the 20th occasion. While it's difficult for me to accept, I must say goodbye to my teenage years, and enter a new era of adulthood. Okay, so I'm making it seem more dramatic than it really is, but you get the picture.

Similar to last year, it took some form of encouragement from a certain trio of friends who I consider very dear to me, to actually not waste the day and do something. If it weren't for them ... I might have been working tonight, which I'm glad never happened because then I would have never experienced the greatest day.

Okay, so my birthday started off with the usual text messages just after midnight, which I promptly replied to. I made it my mission this year to reply to everyone's greetings with a personalized message. Eventually I was woken up by Gloria's message at around 3am, and then from there it was just back and forth texting since the two of us couldn't sleep. Eventually I got to sleep at around 4:30.

My 'real' start to the day began at 9:00. I was woken up by Yen's phone call, but that's fine because it was a great chance to catch up. I left the house to pick up Adrian and then we caught the train to Wynyard where we met Jasmine. I can't stress enough how much I appreciate you making the sacrifices you did to be there for me Jas. :) And thank you Adrian for shouting us the train ticket ! We then walked outside the station where we met up with working Tim (same goes for you ! :)), and then we headed to the Shangri-La hotel for lunch. The restaurant is usually on Level 4, but due to renovations being made, the restaurant was moved to Level 36, which I think was for the better because the view is just awesome as you overlook Sydney harbor.

Towards the end of our lunch I was handed over an unexpected gift from the lovely trio, which I will definitlely wear a lot provided the weather warrants it of course. Thanks you three. See Adrian? I said 'you three', not 'you's'. Even more unexpectedly, the staff of the restaurant came out of no where to sing happy birthday, bringing me two cupcakes and some lollies. Thank you ! :)

After lunch, we walked over to the Botanical Gardens to relax, and what a relaxation it was. Along the way however, Adrian just had to make the most uncalled for remark you could ever make, but out of respect for him, I will leave it alone. *shivers*. When we got to the park, I hogged Jasmine's camera and started taking pictures, and while the following may appear conceited, I think the pictures I took of everyone were pure beauty. The picture of Tim looking down on the grass, the picture of Jasmine lying on the grass looking like she's dreaming, that's the stuff. :)

Since Tim had to leave for his tutorial class, Adrian and myself headed back to Jasmine's house, where we taste tested some of Jasmine's lovely strawberry cheesecake that she made for me. I always knew it was going to taste heavenly, and she proved me right. Thanks so much Jasmine ! :)

After leaving Jasmine's place, I dropped off Adrian and drove back home to put the cheesecake in the fridge. After that I paid a visit to Adriana and had a long and pleasant conversation about almost everything. Thanks again for the CD mix ! At the last minute, we both decided to visit work and have a game of bowling, which turned into two games and a game of air hockey. :) Unexpectedly, during my game of air hockey, my workmates started singing happy birthday and brought me a cake and a large bowl of fries. I love you guys ! :)

After the two closest games of bowling ever, I drove back to Blacktown and met up with Shirley where we had our traditional tutti frutti dish at Max Brenner. Thank you Shirley for the bracelet and shirt ! And thanks also for the card that talks to you when you open it. You're the best ! :)

After following Shirley home, I drove back to St. Clair and paid a visit to Yen to cap off the night. Great seeing you mingz !! :):) All the stuff we had to tell each other indicates how long it's been !

I'd like to end this blog by thanking everyone that was involved with today. All your contributions made it the greatest day ever and I can't thank you enough.

2 comments:

mglmgbn said...

aww dude had no idea,
happy belated broo .

peace knigs.

ninavivienne-lee said...

sounds like you had a freakin awesome day :)
!!!!


read their blogs :)
adrian | ainna | audrey | jasmine| nicole| timothy