Sunday, April 20, 2008

...And Alliterations Are Arduous

These alliterated blog headings are becoming more and more difficult to assemble. People have asked me about my blogs and they seem to think I can conjure up an alliterated heading at the click of a finger. That belief was formerly the case, but each blog written just becomes harder and harder to alliterate. I don't know whether that's something that comes with age or whether its my habit of never being inspired but I'd feel filthy to cease the trend.

No, this post isn't just about blog titles, I actually did plan to recount Week 7. Let's do it.

Monday: Scariest day of the week for most. Just another day for me. Today was the mid-semester exam for Accounting worth 40%. Had to wake up at 6 which is not an easy task for me, believe me. I grabbed my chunky accounting textbook and read every page I could on the train ride to uni. I met up randomly with Kristine and watched as she furiously went through her notes last minute. I tried reassuring her with cliche words of encouragement, but her superior standard for achievement and sense of modesty didn't seem to give in.

I was well aware that a failing mark would jeopardize my GPA and chances of passing the course itself, but for some reason I was unable to feel any sort of pressure from this exam. Don't get me wrong; in no way am I confident of passing this exam and a lot of others are in the same boat, however I think that's their way of being modest. I'm just happy my exam was conducted at Building 1 with all the other students whose surnames started with A, B or C. Beats walking all the way to Wentworth Park which is what the D-Z students had to do. Exam marks aren't released until next month so there's a fair bit of waiting involved unfortunately.

After the exam I met up with Angelo, Joy and Jasmine and took the train home together. When we got to Blacktown, I insisted that I stay on the train since I had to get off at St Marys, however I was unaware that the train went to Richmond and Joy kindly warned me to get off, though she later realized she should have just left me on the train anyway.

Tuesday: I don't know what's going on. I have no recollection of this week's Tuesday or last week's Tuesday. One can only assume that my day was boring and unproductive since Tuesday's are my day off.

Wednesday: Caught the 9:30 train or something like that with Denise and Cheryll to uni. Walked Denise to her class because she told me there was a shortcut from her class to Building 10, which there wasn't. Thanks for nothing.

Anyways, I went to building 10 and met up with my group for my Info Systems assignment. We went up to the Keno Bookstore in Town Hall to ask questions about our assignment. Afterwards I went with Derek and Darren to Allan's Music Store and played some of the guitars. I got to play the Joe Satriani signature guitar and some pink Hello Kitty guitar.

After almost a half hour of trying out guitars with no intention of purchasing, I left the boys and went to the UTS gym. This was my first time trying out the university gym and I was quite impressed. The gym is tri-levelled, with cardio machines on one level, weight machines on another, and workout rooms on the other. There's also enough machines to keep you occupied until the next year.

Thursday: Woke up at 6 and met up with Denise to catch the train to uni. We were supposed to catch the 7:44, but because someone was late, we caught a later train. I went to the library and did some much needed reading for Managing People and Organisations. Eventually the huge slabs of text started to bore me, and I made my way to Town Hall in search of a cardigan. I looked around in Myer but couldn't seem to find a good cardigan that I could afford. I went to Utech in the TGV building and found a nice dark blue cardigan.

After doing enough walking to replicate a 10 mile walkathon, I returned to the library to get Denise so she could get her books binded. It was funny because her book was so thick, it gave the staff a run for their money. After getting her books binded finally, we quickly passed by my sister's place to drop off her mail. Never have I seen someone so amazed at apartments and alternate routes.

Friday: Took my mom to the doctors at 10am and got myself a flu vaccination. Afterwards I headed off to uni and met up with Denise yet again. We had a bite to eat at the UTS foodcourt and met up with Billy and Ralph at Galaxy World. We had 2 races of Daytona, both of which I won and then played the basketball shootout game which I got massacred in.

I caught the train and got off at Blacktown where I met up with Shirley. We went to Playtime for a bit and played Time Crisis 2. Afterwards we bummed outside Yumcha. The funniest thing happened. Shirley spotted a $10 note lying on the floor outside Mozart's and sure enough I ran as fast as I could to pick it up before anyone else did. We rewarded ourselves with a large bag of hot chips and some vanilla biscuit things from a Korean store. I don't know what those biscuit things are called, but they are fairdinkum tasty. I'm definitely going to return and buy some more.

We later met up with Veronica outside Westpoint in the blistering cold. No cold weather could overshadow the horrible act I witnessed of a lady picking up chips off the floor and feeding it to her kids. The fact that the lady was so casual made it even more disgusting. Perhaps the most 'WTF' moment of the week.

Saturday: Study time hard. Went to Blacktown library at 12 and made a start on my seminar presentation on SPAM. Veronica visited me but left to go to UTS the dogg. Eventually Denise and her boyfriend Adrian arrived and seemed to hit the books hard which is to be admired. Those guys seemed to be in the zone, rather than distract each other all day. I'd most likely get distracted if my girlfriend were with me at the library, like that will ever happen anyway.

After the library I met up with Shirley and Veronica and we went to Blacktown Workers Club. We had a long, and I mean loooooooooong game of snooker and then we had dinner at the buffet. Thanks for the shout Veronica. Quite filling meal, you would know. Haha.

After dinner, I took Shirley home and Veronica and I were off to Prayas' 18th down at Glenmore Park. I picked Toby and Kirill up on the way. Sorry for the lateness boys. It was a great party simply because I saw a lot of people I hadn't seen since the HSC. Ease down on the red cruiser's Veronica. Anymore of those and your lips will look like permanant lipstick.

Sunday: This is the day I've been waiting for, however it ended up being a disappointing day, for me anyways. Today was the day my friend Suzanne and I travelled to the Central Coast to watch the Roosters and Knights game. Thankfully there was no rain, as I heard it was raining all day in the Western suberbs. I happened to see Joey from university who happened to be sitting in the same row as me. Out of all rows, seriously. Major coincidence there. Roosters ended up losing 20-34 or something like that. Great experience nonetheless.

I better end it there. Week 9 commences as of tomorrow.
Peace.

2 comments:

Dinh-Vu said...

Yo Lenny man ur blog is like.. consistent... i just never find the time to do what u do,

maybe ill get a fone that allows me to blog so ill put stuff up when im bored :P...
that shall be cool...

i should blog again...

enjoy life bro ur tank!
and ur blogs r long... just not bothered to read it all lol... n i dont have time also..
laters yo
Dinh-Vu

Vince/Toby/Tobz said...

ahh lenny i feel your pain!

assignments suck

sorry i couldnt make movie night

ill start blogging again on a more consistent level

i feel inspired reading tabz blogs

catch ya later man


read their blogs :)
adrian | ainna | audrey | jasmine| nicole| timothy