Saturday, April 12, 2008

...And As Academic Adversity Abates, Ataraxia and Animated Assemblages Ascends

Saturday morning, weather looking splendid. Just thought I would pin down another blog entry before heading to the library. I'm going to Blacktown library later, but I actually have to visit the much further Rouse Hill library to return some books. Apart from wasting petrol, I have an accounting exam on Monday, which I'm certain of failing seeing as I'm three chapters behind. Let's hope my much needed study today can turn things around.

Onto something totally unrelated, I've noticed my ability to recall things from the past, especially current events, is slowly diminishing. 3-4 years ago, if someone asked me about my weekend, I'd comfortably tell them. Nowadays I have the biggest difficulty recalling things. Guess it's something that comes with age.

Let's reflect over Week 6 shall we ....

Monday: Today was the due date for my group's presentation on Web Developer's. Well it wasn't actually a group presentation, considering only one person out of the group was permitted to present. That lucky person was CJ ! Her attitude prior to the presentation spelt out nervousness and a sense of disbelief that she would actually pull it off, but she was fairdinkum one of the best presenters in the class. I just hope the group report I compiled is just as good.

I was supposed to attend the accounting lecture later in the day, but instead I went to Blacktown in search of a memory card for my new phone. I actually spent an hour at Parramatta before arriving at Blacktown, trying to find a memory card. I was about to buy a 4GB card until the sales consultant warned me that my phone wouldn't be able to handle it. Lucky. Eventually I got a 2GB card from Big W.

Tuesday: Perhaps my favorite day of the week now, since its my day off. Like I said previously, my ability to recount previous events is slowly diminishing. I cannot remember anything from Tuesday. All I can assume is that I did some study.... nope, even I doubt that.

Wednesday: I had my first exam of the semester, though it was worth only 8%. Or was it 7%? See that's how lost I am at university. It was an Informaton Systems exam, consisting of 24 multiple choice questions. I was confident my knowledge from IPT would help me excel in this exam, and it did. I don't understand what all the hype was all about. It was pretty easy even for university standards. That's enough cockyness for a Wednesday; moving on now ...

I spent some time at the UTS ping-pong area with the usual people that are there, and got to meet many more people. I only just realized that my friend James was a fan of Metallica. We eventually ditched the ping pong paddles in place of his guitar, where we traded off various songs and riffs from Metallica songs. Good stuff.

At around 7pm, I headed to the UTS library in the evening to prepare my biblography for one of my many assignments. I think this is the first assignment I've done where I've completed the bibliography before the actual assignment itself. I eventually met up with Veronica and Hazel and had a relaxing train ride home. Someone should really get that 8:05 express to stop at St. Marys. Seriously.

Thursday: Perhaps the most relieving day of the week. It was the due date for my Managing People and Organisations report. 2000 rushed words submitted. Major monkey off my shoulders.

After my MPO tutorial, I went to yumcha for lunch with Xander and Chloe. You would too if your friend was shouting. Thanks again Xander. Next time Chloe HAS to eat chicken feet. It's like, so good. Afterwards, Xander and myself spent some time at Galaxy World. Played some Time Crisis 2, Time Crisis 3 and House of the Dead 4. Waste of money? Yes. Entertaining? Hell yes.

At around 4pm, I met up with Adrian and we had our 100th one-on-one race of Daytona at the UTS glasshouse arcade. Definitely our best race so far. It contained many elements of a good race: lead exchanges, tons of overtaking, clean drifting and a close race ! While Adrian had the lead for the majority of the race, I eventually overtook him on the very last turn to win by 5 milliseconds.

At 6:30 I headed off to Blacktown to pick up Solly, Shirley and Veronica to go shopping at Rouse Hill Town Center. Never in my life have I seen a bunch of girls scream at my driving. I don't brake THAT late do I? Their noise in the car is the equivalent of the noise you hear from girls on a rollercoaster. ARGGGHHHAHAHAH (repeat for 20 minutes). I think you get the picture.

I took Shirley to General Pants where she helped me pick out a pair of Havainas. You're probably thinking, how hard is it to pick out a pair of thongs? Not hard, but I couldn't say no to her one of a kind enthusiasm. You better get the job at Glue, seriously. After shopping we replenished our stomachs at the food court. Now I'm a really slow eater, but I think this occasion is the slowest I've ate. I dead-set spent 20 minutes on a chicken kebab. No harm done, as the girls were still in awe about how MADDD the Rouse Hill food court looks. Personally, I think it's a rip-off the food court at Liverpool Westfield.

Friday: Another day off. Not really much to talk about here. I went to a family party in Rooty Hill, though it wasn't really a party for me. It was more of a 'do nothing but watch the Friday night footy'.

Saturday: It's Saturday now, and I believe I'm watching the Panthers vs Roosters game later tonight with Toby and company.

I guess I'll end it here. I really need to start heading to the library. Au revoir.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol. Tons of overtaking? More like.. just that once on the last turn. Hahah, next time man. I didn't bring my a-game!

Relgin said...

covered everything quite well.

Leonard said...

Mate, no need to whinge just because I carved you up.

Please.


read their blogs :)
adrian | ainna | audrey | jasmine| nicole| timothy