Sunday, April 6, 2008

...And An Assessment Atrocity Abates

Half an hour before midnight. Thought I'd share the rest of my week in detail before the new week commences.

Friday: Feeling unsatisfied with the amount of non-internet resources occupied for my Managing People and Organisations assignment, I drove to the recently built Rouse Hill Town Center and visited the library for more books. First impressions? It could be bigger. I don't know whether that's the library's final design, or there's still more to be built, but for a library that's located in the heart of shopping center that's supposed to be Sydney's biggest, it definitely seemed small. After pinning down a session of study, I visited the Churros Cafe and consumed a bag of delicious American-style churros ! Getting back to my car was the biggest hassle ever as I managed to forget where I parked. I was walking around the Orange and Green car parks for ages.

Later that night I headed to Blacktown Workers Club with Salih to watch the Friday Night Footy between the Roosters (WOO!) and the Bulldogs (BOO!). I watched this game with the expectation that it would be a close game, possibly a Bulldogs victory but to my surprise, the Roosters dominated. In your face Alexa.

My night ended with my writing up MC notes until 4am the next morning for the youth forum on Saturday.

Saturday: With youth week being the occasion, my youth network hosted a youth forum at St Marys Senior Citizens Centre featuring an all-star cast of guests and speakers and most importantly, youth ! Our forum included the likes of Penrith Mayor Greg Davies, Member of Parliament David Bradbury, Philippine Consulate General Maria Lazaro and various university graduates voicing their opinions.

It was definitely a great experience for me not only because I was MC for the event, but I learnt a great deal from the various speakers about youth culture and leadership. It was most definitely a great event.

Sunday: I was hoping today would be my chance to sleep in but that was not to be. My mom woke me up and made me go to Dick Smith Powerhouse to buy a phone. I really didn't want one, but she paid for it, so I'm not complaining.

Later in the day I monitored my eBay profile and noticed one user hadn't paid off an item despite the auction ending weeks ago. I eventually reported that user to eBay, so hopefully something works out.

As of now, I've completed my group's IT Careers Report based on Web Design. Communication with each of the members could have been better, but I guess that's partially my fault for not having a phone.

1 comments:

Relgin said...

Go Roosters WOO!
Bulldogs BOO!

Good to know your speaking out and MCing that event.
Im sure it kept you smiling.


read their blogs :)
adrian | ainna | audrey | jasmine| nicole| timothy