Monday, February 18, 2008

...And Orientation Complete, Almost

With this week being the last before the autumn semester commences you'd think I'd be taking it easy this relaxing on the couch, but I have a lot of train catching to do this week. I'm sure most of you undergraduates do as well.

Today I had my orientation for uni - woke up at 6am but didn't start getting ready until 8am. I spent 2 hours on my bed half asleep listening to music on my PSP because I am that lazy. Anyhow, when I arrived at the uni for the welcoming message I was anticipating the usual boring 3-hour talk, but to my surprise these speakers have a genuine sense of humour. I really hope my lecturers and subject co-ordinators are as open-minded as these people. If you were there to witness the powerpoint presentations given, you would know what I mean.

On a more serious note, I really should start looking for work again. My friend Isabel suggested her place Dick Smith Powerhouse and that there were positions available in the computing department, but I'm more comfortable working in movies. Even so, I should follow it up. I need cash urgently. Here's an idea of how cheap I am these days. Today Nikki had to give me coins for a train ticket, and Christine had to shout me lunch at Market City. Unbelievable. It is kind of my fault though, since I decided to leave my wallet at home. But still, thanks guys.

Like I said previously, I really should be enjoying this week since it is the last before uni commences, but there's a lot of school related events happening this week. Let's see:

Tuesday - St Marys Academic Assembly
Wednesday - O'Day and my opportunity to sign up for any clubs + free BBQ !
Thursday - Session on Microsoft Excel (I do IT, I need this !) at 9am -11am, ELSSA workshop at 2pm
Friday - Library tour at 2pm-3pm
Saturday - Donnie's 18th - I still need a mask. :S
Sunday - Freak out because its the day before uni starts.

I should be complaining, but I need this. I need to get out. I need fresh air.

0 comments:


read their blogs :)
adrian | ainna | audrey | jasmine| nicole| timothy