Tuesday, February 12, 2008

...And Something Different, Yet Legit, And For A Good Cause

Hey readers, been a while since I've posted something, so here goes...

A while ago I was browsing my MSN contact list and I was intrigued by one of the personal messages on one of my contacts (Ghelo). It mentioned of an upcoming event and how volunteers were needed ... so I asked about it.

The event is called "Spare Change" which is part of the Fred Hollow's Foundation. Basically the event aims to raise funds for the foundation which looks after the hearing impaired and disabled. The event will be held off Broadway Hotel on March 14th and will contain DJ lineups and musical and dance performances. It is an over 18's gig and is basically clubbing with performances. It runs every couple of months for different charities, so this is one of many events planned this year.

Volunteers will be needed on the night to assist with different parts of the event, such as giving free hugs, welcoming people, promotions (which is what I'm sort of doing now), etc. If you're interested in any of that, please send an e-mail to: delacruz_ghelo@hotmail.com

Since the event is more than a month away, not much info has been released, but I'll update this post as more information arrives. Check out the myspace for last year's event at: http://www.myspace.com/brokenwingsent

0 comments:


read their blogs :)
adrian | ainna | audrey | jasmine| nicole| timothy