Monday, February 25, 2008

...And (Perpetual.Torment.Commence)

Like most of my friends, today was my first day at university.

I actually had trouble sleeping lastnight. I don't know whether it was my nervousness towards a fresh start or my irritating illness driving me insane, but luckily enough I was able to wake up early today in time to meet up with Nikki and catch the 8am train. I started the day with a lecture at 10am for 'Communications for IT Professionals'. In this lecture we had to read an article about the dying music industry and then write a summary about what we read. Personally I wrote 120-150 words which was what we were asked to do, but some people weren't obviously content with such an amount. Instead they had to write a bloody essay *cough*. I saw this one Japanese girl who covered her entire page with writing - not a hint of white was to be seen on the paper. Was I intimidated? Heck no. I actually like to follow instructions.

After my first lecture, I had a whopping 5 hours to kill before my next class. I spent 2 or so hours with some friends at Market City eating lunch and checking out chick jeans (HAH!) and then I went off on my own for the next 3 hours. The amount of boredness I was experiencing drove me insane to a point where I started calling randoms on my phone. Particularly I talked to Shirley for a good 20 minutes which was a great catch up seeing as I hadn't talked to her in ages.

I still had a rough 2 hours to consume, so I made my way to Building 4 to check where my next class would be. For some reason, I thought it would be a good idea to send a text message to my friend Denise to see if she was around (keep in mind that I had no idea whether she was at uni or not). Freakishly right after I txted her, she came walking out the lecture room that I was outside of. Major coincidence right there.

Finally at 6pm, my business lecture for accounting commenced. I met up with my friend John who fortunately has the same timetable as me. My lecturer left me the ultimate first impression. I think I can speak for all students who attended that lecture that he is one hilarious bloke. I'm glad to see lecturers with a great sense of humor.

Anyways, that's it for today. I'm feeling very ill at the moment; thankfully there's no uni tomorrow.

1 comments:

Relgin said...

your lucky to have free days off university.
I have 5 day week classes spread through the week.
But short hours.

Relgin.


read their blogs :)
adrian | ainna | audrey | jasmine| nicole| timothy