Saturday, May 10, 2008

...And Appetites Awaken (A+)

As you may have realized, my blogging activity has been quite frequent, so why stop now? I'm kind of surprised that I allow myself to blog through a busy period of university. In fact, I should be progressing on my IT presentation due on Monday, especially since I have commitments tomorrow, but what can you do...

This morning my mother told me that we would be having lunch in the city at a place called 'Tetsuya's'. The place sounded very familiar on first hearing so I looked it up on google. After browsing the official website, I realized it was the very expensive restaurant Christine told me of a while ago. That was when I really got excited. For those who are wondering, the occasion was my dad's birthday. To be honest, I don't know how old he is.

We got there at around 12 and by then I was already starving. Since I have such a small stomach capacity, I usually starve myself if I'm dining anywhere so that no money is wasted.

For those who are wondering, 'Tetsuya's' is a Japanese restaurant located in Town Hall. From what I've been told, it's in the Top 5 restaurants around the world, and is the Number 1 restaurant in Australasia. After hearing those impressive rankings, I really started to get excited about this place.

VERDICT? It is light years ahead of any restaurant I've ever dined in. Every single dish out of the 12 course meal was a breath of fresh air. To give an idea, those oysters at the start were unlike anything ever consumed. The salmon dishes were fairdinkum top notch. Each dish had me eating until the plate was totally spotless. There are no dishes I can single out as a favorite because they were all honestly delicious. The staff were also professional about their duties, each giving an attractive description of the dish as they arrived. The way the waiters and waitresses descrbed the dishes just made me even more hungry. For the first time, I left a restaurant without being overly full or under-fed. It was just right.

To provide an idea as to how good this restaurant 'seems' to be, all two-person tables are booked until July of next year. I almost spat at my water when I heard that.

Do check it out if you haven't yet already.
http://www.tetsuyas.com/index.html

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm interested in knowing how much that dish (in your photo) costs. I'm afraid to know.

Leonard said...

I have no clue. I could tell you the overall bill for 5 people, but that would ruin the experience for you.

Vince/Toby/Tobz said...

you lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky man

i am sooo jealous

one day we'll all eat there yeah!

love the playlist zhane ftw

Relgin said...

now you've given me a life goal.

Anonymous said...

lucky kid! ...i see you're on the road to becoming a food journalist too.


read their blogs :)
adrian | ainna | audrey | jasmine| nicole| timothy