Monday, May 26, 2008

...And Another Average Afternoon

Credit to Jasmine for the blog title. To be honest, it's probably the one title I've used that makes the most sense without being overly technical. Upon hearing her suggestion, I really didn't think I'd ever encounter a suitable time to capitilize on such a simple piece of alliteration, but I think it fits well into this post. As the title suggests, this afternoon was quite average in terms of productivity, but I'll talk about that further down the track.

After a weekend of nothing but pure laziness, I had absolutely zero desire to even leave the house for university this morning. I treated the weekend like the holidays had already started. I did nothing but watch movies on my laptop the whole weekend, including Balls of Fury, Evan Almighty, Orange County, Superbad, Vacancy and half of The Heartbreak Kid. Quite a risky move to execute considering how close the exams are. Very reminiscent of my preparations weeks before the HSC period. Moving on now ...

My first class of the day was my Communications seminar from 10am to 1pm. I thoroughly enjoyed the presentations that were given by this week's nominated students; the content provided was really interesting and thought provoking. The first bloke to present, who I must point out, has a strong resemblance to Ben Foster (look him up in google if you don't know who he is) gave a presentation on lie detectors and how they are beginning to implement such devices into the workplace. Basically, if you're striving to avoid going in to work by chucking a sickie, your employer will most likely make you go through a lie detector to see if you really are sick.

After my class, I had a 5 hour gap until my Accounting lecture. At that point in time, I really couldn't be bothered waiting that long in the city for my next class so I decided to go straight home and finish off my CITP Report. As I made my way up the stairs of Platform 18, I ran into Serene. Very unexpected, but a delight. It's always healthy riding the train home with someone, especially when you're coming from the city. As you converse with that person, you block out the annoying longevity of the train ride, thus mentally you arrive at your destination faster. I'm sure most of you would agree.

Anyways, as soon as I arrived home I sure enough jumped straight into bed. I woke up at 7 on the dot. 4 hour nap ! So much for studying. I have a day off tomorrow, so I'll be sure to make some use of it.

1 comments:

Relgin said...

don't seem average to me!
sounds like a movie fetish
what did you think of balls of fury?


read their blogs :)
adrian | ainna | audrey | jasmine| nicole| timothy